It sure has been a while, but at long last I’m happy to announce my latest “Air Legends” release. Downloadable here.
There are major changes in the version.
- Most notably I’ve fitted proper menus for everything. This was no small task, I might add – quite a bit of code refactoring was needed on my part. Microsoft’s Creators club “GameStateManagement sample” is awesome and forms the basis of all of my screens now.
- I’ve improved my Skybox, and made the sky textures all seamless.
- Added a brand new “Morning” scene to play in.
- Added gun overheating. Sound to come.
- Replaced numerous uses of photoshopped textures for text, with new SpriteFont textures.
- New and improved Lobby screen.
- Help (aka. Controls) screen is now accessible while in gameplay from the pause menu.
- Changed keyboard controls a little.
- F1 & F2 are now used for dropping in and out instead of 1 & 2.
- Shifted Player 2 keys along one to avoid confusion with Enter key for menu selection.
- So Player 2 now uses ] for shoot, [ for throttle, P for Skywrite & O for Maneuver.
- Improved the installer.
- Now based on WiX v3 (Windows Installer XML).
- Automatically uninstalls older versions already installed.
- Checks .NET v2.0 is installed. Just a check at this stage.