One word – Busy… busy, busy, busy. Ok, so I cheated on the word count, but that’s how life’s been lately. So much has happened since my last post. In work, play & personal life. I’ll cut to the chase though. Here’s my latest and greatest release of “Air Legends”. You can download it from here.
There are major changes in the version.
- Firstly it’s all converted to XNA 2.0 now, so you’ll need the XNA 2.0 runtime installed (or XNA Game Studio 2.0).
- Added basic Scoring, and stats. Currently shows Score + accuracy for each player/cpu.
- Added a change View feature (to help you find the enemy). This changes to a view that focuses on you, but keeps
the other player in view.
- Gave the aircraft different performance characteristics. The Spitfire has a slightly better rate of turn
but the BF109 is a little faster. It’s subtle, but should add to the variety.
- Added an Uninstall shortcut to the Start menu folder.
- Fixed cloud culling, so clouds no longer instantly vanish while still in view (as they were prone to do before).
- Improved cloud, smoke and explosion rendering to use proper Billboard styles (always facing the camera).
Go grab the new version from the Latest Build page here. As always, it’s free!